First hike to Round Top was Tuesday, August 31, 2021. We departed from 31 Ednam, made a few detours and explorations adding up to 4.92 miles.
Katy and I followed the All Trails map, more or less except around the pond/green that was abandoned with the golf course renovation. On return we investigated the Rescue/Maintenance access trail (to the golf cart path), the old cemetery.
Photos from this hike
- Side Trail to Old Cemetery
- Muddy Trail around the pond around abandoned golf green
- Trail that cuts off to Foxhaven Farm
- Nearing Round Top there is evidence of mineral prospecting. Lots of scattered pieced of white quartz.
- Shelters built at Round Top many years ago, probably for hunters or scouts.